On the Friday the 11 of November, we started to do our cherry blossom art with these steps and material.
You will need:
- A piece of A3 paper
- Black paint
- Blue and green water paint (Optional)
- A straw
- A paint brush
- Pipette or dropper
- A container
- First, spread newspaper over a table.
- Fill up a container with water.
- Grab a piece of A3 paper then put it on top of the newspaper.
- Get a tray then put the water colours inside it.
- Pick up your brush then paint the background for your tree on the piece of paper. Blue for the sky and green for the grass, then let it dry.
- Before you create a tree on your piece of paper, get a scrap piece and practice making a tree by using a pipette to place little plops, then use the straw to blow the wet paint and create your desired tree style.
- Once you have finished practising then you can move on to the real deal. Place one plop of black paint with the pipette onto your piece of paper then start creating your tree that you made on the scrap piece of paper, or create another design.
8. Wait for your tree to dry. While you're waiting, you could set up colours that you want to use for your blossoms.
9. Once your tree is dry, dip one of your fingers into the paint then start adding dots. You can use any colour for the blossoms.
10. Be creative and have fun!