Pages

Monday 19 December 2016

Never Been Out Of Auckland

As the title says, I have never been out of Auckland. If I had the chance to go to Wellington I would visit the botanical garden between mid-November to December to see the flowers in full blooom. The botanial gardens has a duck pond, sundial of human involvement, the historic bolton street memorial park, where many of the city's pioneers are buried and an award winning Lady Norwood Rose Garden. The Lady Norwood Rose Garden was recently awarded the prestigious 2015 World Federation of Rose Societies Garden of Excellence Award. The rose garden has over 3,000 of roses in 110 beds. So many roses to take pictures of!

After the botanical garden, I would go to get a drink, nowhere special, just a drink from the dairy. After that, I'd go to a park and relax.

That is all I would do if I went to Wellington. What would you do if you haven't been yet or what have you done there?


2 comments:

Tania said...

Kia ora Riiana,
Kia ora Aminiasi,
My name is Tania and I am a Manaiakalani Outreach Facilitator - I work in lots of different schools with teachers and learners who, like you, are using chromebooks for their learning and blogs to share their learning. I have been emailing with Rachel and she has told me all about The Summer Learning Journey and I thought I would check out some of the blogs. I wouldn't believe you haven't been out of Auckland unless you had told me in your post. The way you describe the Botanical Gardens and write about them paints such a clear picture in my mind, it sounds just like you've been there and seen it all. You have obviously researched really well. I have been to Wellington and I really enjoy visiting TePapa. It is an amazing Museum and I love the special displays. They have one all about ANZAC day at the moment and one all about Bugs too. You can check it all out on their website and it might encourage you to learn more about Te Papa too. https://www.tepapa.govt.nz/
Enjoy the rest of your summer learning journey.
Nga mihi nui
Tania

Unknown said...

Kia ora Riiana and Tania,

I, too, would opt to the Botanical Gardens and to Te Papa when in Wellington. In fact, I had the chance to visit Wellington recently and I went to Te Papa to see the special exhibit on the Battle of Gallipoli (the first major battle that the New Zealand army were involved with in WWI). It was absolutely incredible. I came away from the experience deeply humbled but what I had read and what I had seen. I actually included an activity about the exhibit in our Summer Learning Journey programme.

If you're interested in knowing more about Gallipoli, Riiana, please check out the bonus activity for Day #15. It is all about Te Papa's exhibit!

Hope to see you back online blogging again soon...

Cheers!
Rachel

Post a Comment